ICC Rajasthan chapter inauguration on 20th August 2017 at Jhalana Institute Jaipur
Realizing the need to improve the standards of technical education and to provide competent technical manpower (mainly in the field of engineering and management) to the nation, AICTE has made the “Internship” component mandatory for graduating engineers (BE/ B.Tech) & management (BBA/MBA) courses from the academic year 2017-18.
Some of such internships shall be conducted by Engineering Council of India through its member associations. International Council of Consultants (ICC) is one of the founding members of ECI and has been authorised to conduct such internships. Accordingly, ICC has planned to initiate internships in several states, Rajasthan being first such state. To operationalize the same, ICC organized a discussion forum at The Jhalana Officers Institute, Jaipur (behind Commerce College in the Jhalana Institutional Area) on 20th August 2017 at 12 Noon. The discussions included:
The ‘AICTE-ECI Chhatra Vishwakarma Awards’ are inspired by the spirit of engineering and creation patronized by Lord Vishwakarma, the ruling deity of construction practices in India.
1. Initiating consultation and actions in right earnest without any delay, in order to roll out the new internship program with the support of Academic Institutions and Universities and the affiliated colleges.
2. Establishment of Rajasthan Working Committee for taking actions in line with the working strategy of AICTE based on the AICTE-ECI MOU.
a. Mr. Rohit R. Brandon, IAS, Retd Former Additional Secretary Government of Rajasthan and Director HCM RIPA, was snominated as Chairman for ICC Rajasthan Chapter.
b. Prof. Rajeev Gupta, Pro Vice Chancellor, Rajasthan Technical University, was nominated as Co-Chairman for ICC Rajasthan Chapter.
3. Providing industry academia interface for the initiative.
4. It was proposed to send an advisory to all the Institutions to encourage their faculty members to enroll in the National Register of Professional Engineers of ECI & also the students to enroll as student members.
5. It was proposed to support an initiative for Enhancing the working skills of the faculty members jointly with Industry for academia.
6. Similarly, it was proposed to take actions to enhance the professional skills through Internships for the students as per the structure to be provided by RTU.
7. It was decided that any clarifications may be sought from RTU/ ICC Raj Chapter.